Pages

Wednesday, 6 August 2008

Thinking Process

Last Sunday Afiq told me that he wanted to go to one of his classmates house in yousj empat belas. Setelah menerima 2 kali panggilan telefon I decided to let him go. Told him I’ll send him off at 4pm and will pick him up at 6pm. When we reached the house I saw the mother and I knew her after all. Met her on the first day of school and even took her hp number. So kenalah singgah with my 2 comot girls.
At the house while Afiq was upstairs playing psdua my girls decided to jump on the sofas *grrrr. Ahhh…tak makan saman pulak tu. It makes me think on my parenting style…heh..heh..sounds macam bagus pulak je.

Our house is the noisiest house in the neighbourhood. My children (including the girls) are all active children. They run, they laugh, the quarrel, they shout all the time. They are also the reason why we bought a house with bigger land. They play football, they play badminton, they run, they skip, they hop, they do all sorts of activities including bergumpal-gumpal there. When other houses sunyi sepi at 2-4pm our children will be out on the grass playing golf or simply running here and there. At the moment my two boys are highly interested in mowing the lawn. So they will be out there in the middle of the afternoon going round and round mowing. Btw, it’s a manual lawn mower, ok.
*Sigh

Afiq is one active boy. Can you imagine on Sunday he has tkd tournament training from 10-11.30am which includes 10 rounds of running around the school building than swimming from 12-1pm. After lunch he continue with football/badminton/cycling with watching tv and playing games on the net here and there. Mak Oiii sometimes kita yang tengok pulak rasa penat. They only way we can get them to take nap on weekends is to put all three in the masterbedroom, on the aircond and close the door. Itu pun we can still hear the girls giggling for the first half an hour *rolleyes. That must be done if we plan for a night outing. Kena tido petang if not nanti sibuk ngantuk dalam kerete *grrrr

Back to the parenting style. we do let the children be children But still with a bit nudge here and there on reading and doing homework and revision. I do let Hannah use green colour for the hair (when she do colouring) whatever colour that she likes. “Tengok mama rambut dia Green”. I let Sarah sings and dance. She’s good ( she was shy AJ, during the birthday), she knows most of the HSM and HannahMontana lyrics. She can dance by listening to the music. Ohhh she is creative in that part. Btw she can host and model too *tepuk dahi. She is currently Ayah’s fashion advisor. She wakes up early every morning to help ayah choose his shirt and tie. She likes the J0nas brothers, OK pengsan mama.

One thing for sure my children can be sooooo * sivik. Apa cikgu/aunty at school/instructor kata is always true and must be followed 100% unless mama got on the phone and get permission.

I am currently reading TheLastLecture (lagi sikit nak habis) and after doing some thinking I feel my parenting style is not bad afterall. If I ask Huda I know she will say “You are doing fine lah, za” when I am worried having to bring all three to klcc all by myself she said “Your children behave well lah” and my replied was “Ya lah aunty, dengan you memang baik dengan I banyak cekadak”.

Ha..ha..now siapa suka lompat-lompat and tak dengar kata akan dihantar duduk dengan monkeys dekat bukit cermin tu, tau!


5 comments:

Gartblue said...

adakah ini berlanjutan from the UKS thread today? it's about a mother who doesn't take her kids anywhere (maybe i exxagerate la) because they are active kids.

I for one think your kids are doing what they do best. being kids. i think you're doing alright. There's so much nagging and yelling and screaming and cubiting we mummmies can do.

I think we're okay. *comfort diri sendiri la pulak*

butterflutter said...

Gart: Ha..ha..ha.. the email in uks reminds me of the 'hopping on the sofa' that happenend on saturday. Eishhh...geramnya sampai si Hannah pun kena cubit :-P

Malu you org tgk anak pompuan kita mcm tu. I don't know what went wrong, they were so hyper that day *sigh

mosh said...

hehehe. i think compared to wifey, i am more "tolerable" of their "active" behaviour myself. tu yg bebudak tu kalau dgn ayah dia naik tocang sikit ehehe. one of their favourite pastimes while waiting for wifey in the car is to sit on the roof, via the sunroof *sigh*

i think definitely you're doing very good as a mother. keep up the good work :) *pat shoulder*

butterflutter said...

Mosh: I dont really mind if they are active at home or other appropriate places like playgroud etc but not at other ppl hse la. Tu yg *gerrrammm tu. Hope it wont happen again.

famyGirl said...

have not been reading up uks posts dah berapa bulan dah.

i can totally relate to your geram-ness when anak dara kita terlalu active. dah berbuih mulut 'sound' tapi macam tak makan saman je. nak harap kakak set example untuk adik, dia pulak yang ikut adik jadi super-hyper. *grrrr* sabar je lah.