So when I read lollies entry on lapbooking I try to be as objective as I can be and stop dreaming of planning any lapbooking session with my children anytime sooner. Perhaps during the end of the year long holidays. Umm maybe. But I did check some of the sites and get very excited *sigh
I have this idea of doing a lapbook for our Raya Haji trip to KB. InsyaAllah it will be fun as we plan to travel back by train and coming back by flight (first experience for Sarah & Hannah) besides the raya korban theme. Oh I am indeed very excited.
However Afiq & I have some more important thing to concentrate on this couple of weeks. Yes the pksr2 for my dear boy Afiq. It’s time to put on my ‘tuition teacher’ hat again after last august test. He did very well last august by sharing the first place with his friend Faiq. That was after getting the eighth place during pksr1.
As the in house tuition teacher my lunches will be filled again with reviewing his stacks of activity books or sometimes marking his work. The teacher in me loves doing that. By reviewing his activity books I personally knows his weaknesses and try my best to help him. During his pksr 1 Afiq was confused with the food chapter in his science book. What we did later was to cut food pictures from supermarkets’ flyers and paste according to the groups on a drawing block. We then paste it on his notice board for easy revision. I might try to do more of that kind of revision (more creative, I guess) with him.
Besides doing exercise books I also emphasized on answering techniques especially for Penulisan BahasaMalaysia. Not to forget reminding of the usual careless mistakes done by not reading the instructions *sigh. I use a lot of activity books, some are topical and some are not. If not mistaken Afiq has 5 sets of activity books for maths & science but about 2-3 sets for BM & BI and 1 set each for Agama, BArab & Jawi. I also check his school exercise books especially for BM and BI for some ideas on what the teacher actually cover in class.
This is where Afiq does his revision while mama does some reading or clothes folding.
This is his timetable usually started 2-3 weeks before exam.
I'll be off to JB to attend a briefing tomorrow and will only be back on Friday. Da…

3 comments:
sibuknya ibu Afiq!!
ummu_nael masih boleh lagi melepak hehehe...walaupun ada lagi setahun, kepala nie dah start berkira2 apa nak buat...plan jer lagi..execuutionnya tah bila :P
i can only do lapbook during long holidays (padahal baru satu aje lapbook buat tu :P). Sebab it does take time and most of all it takes planning on our side and research and what best for the kids. Ahh yang ni tak yah kasi tau awak ek? Awak lagi tau.
Ooohh I can also imagine a lapbook on Eid Adha! pergh macam2 perspective boleh buat tu. Man dah sebok dah kepala I ni memikirkannya. The thing is buat what is best for our kids. You know better.
Best kan all the linked sites? Rasa semacam adrenalin click sana sini.
i baru je tengok lollies punya update on lapbook. and now yours. saya pun teruja. :)
tapi saya banyak betul project nak buat. scrapbooking is one of them. hee hee.
i pun ada timetable utk sofea, at least until habis pksr. but mine so far cover weekdays je. weekends agak unpredictable sebab ada lawatan wajib ke rumah grandparents sana-sini.
Post a Comment