Pages

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

GIFTS

The other day I went through my old postings and realized that I love rereading them all. It never fail to make me smile so I think I'll do more posting here.

These are my birthday gifts from my lil family. Last year I got this idea of giving my children rm20 each to buy me a birthday gift. They wanted to use their own money but I said 'No'. It was just an idea (which I hope my other half will continue...wink...wink)

I hope they learn something from the 'project' such as

A gift does not need to be expensive.

Their first response when I told them of the idea. "Mana cukup nak beli...erm handbag?" ha..ha..ha...at the end I had to give them some ideas for my lil gift.

Afiq voiced out that .....'We are at the wrong place mama.' Ha..ha.. we were at KLCC on that day (if you remember our train/lrt trip to KLCC photos in fb). But again there are many options even in KLCC. I saw this nice gold bangle cost RM20. See...if you just look hard enough. A cute bookmark or notebook will do for me.

Frankly, I don't buy expensive gift for children or family or friends BUT I just love buying gifts. I bought one of my nieces a scented candle for RM19.90 during sale for her birthday, the fact that she might not even receive anything from others other than her husband.

One thing you should know about me is.............................................


I love wrapping things. Go ask my husband or my children or even my best friends from uni.

So here are the lil something that I received when I turn 36 last 31st December

From Sarah. I use this mug for my coffee/milo/tea at home.




From Afiq. Had to share the Ferrero with Hannah. The pink candy is still in the fridge. That small santa is now where we keep our 'kunci dapur'.



From Hannah. She was not in the mood when we were in KLCC but was really happy making my birthday card the day before my birthday.



Finally, from Big Boss aka Mister. After years of not wearing a wristwatch due to skin allergy (ehem...jam mahal je boleh pakai tapi sendiri tak mampu nak beli) sometimes I do forget to wear the watch or if I do wear I forget and still depends on my hp :-P

2 comments:

zan said...

auwww all your kids are sweet :) i think you do enjoy selecting gifts for people esp when you can see their expressions when they open them, rite :)

lepas nie kena letak reminder kat phone utk pakai watch :)

btw, nanti letak lah gambar party favor u, bolehla i tiru hehehe..

Anonymous said...

but kalau baca the story of the tiger mummy, handcrafted birthday card ni dia buang gitu je.