How do you react when one of your close friends announced that she is the number two? The second wife.
I was talking about another friend who finally found her happiness after getting married for the second time and had just delivered a baby boy. I was talking about me who does not like to ask but waited for the person to tell me the truth. The whole story. There and then after I finished my sentence she said " Za, I second wife".
When I think back, my first reaction was really cool. Yes, cool. I let her poured her heart out.
I had known her since my days in sesepi. We were classmates for 5 years but never stayed in the same dorm. Later we went to the same university and shared the same room during our final year(a room with 4 individual compartment). She came to my engagement day. My husband and I were the ones who send her items back to her hometown in S'ban after we graduated. I had known her family problems, her missing father, her other two brothers with their own set of problems.
I am not going to share her full story here but there is one thing that I would like to share.
" Susah sungguh I nak kahwin. When I finally met someone, he is someones husband. It's not easy. But sedih sangat masa I pergi pejabat agama, ramai yang bercerai. Muda-muda lagi."

7 comments:
*sigh* susahnya kalau in this position kan? :(
famy: The issue is still there in my head. But I try to take it positively: to become a better wife. sigh...sigh..sigh...
oh i've been there. Muka i memang tak bley nak menipu masalahnya. I sempat tanya apa rasa jadi org ketiga. hahaha bad bad.
tapi like you, lepas dengar the other side of the story, i strive to become a better wife. eceh ceh.
having said that, there are instances of ideal wife pun kena madu jugak. camno?
rotidua: Sebagai ingatan lah, kengkadang kita ni terlupa jugak. Merajuk tak tentu pasal, sibuk benda lain sampai terabai suami sedikit sebanyak. Doa je lah byk-byk.
Her husband turns 40 this yr the eldest son is in form 1. Kira-kira...mr wl be 40 when Afiq turns 13yo *erm..
to be fair to the women, in our culture (unless somebody is an exception) pompuan has to wait to be dipinang so kalau takde orang pinang macam takde can nak kawin la dak? unlike men who has the choice of meminang or not rather than waiting for the fruits that would never fall (sic).
eh but how come i'm the only male here and the only one defending women pulak ni?
haiya
gossip hangat ni. even kat my ofis pun ada tengah hangat isu ni but diam diam jela..
i tak paham why a woman want to hurt another woman..tula tapi nak kena be a better wife... bile dah lama kawin banyak benda lupe take for granted but also it is more painful sebab dah banyak ups/down going through together, kids lagi..mcm-mcm hal
Tumpang lalu ye butterflutter. .. Kalau your friend is truly ikhlas (I am not saying I myself agree with polygamy) good for her. Kalau dapat macam what my friend is going through.. the other woman sending 'nude pictures' of herself when my friend's husband let her go. Maunye tak sakit.. I berdoa that both of them bersabar dan tetap pendirian... I came to a point thinking, technology sekarang ini, not necessarily a good thing esp when used irresponsibly.
Post a Comment