Pages

Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Memories

Oh my these photos brought memories.

This is The Lum1ere Building where we stayed for 21 months from Sept 2000 till May 2002. Our flat number was 49 and I can't remember which floor. You can see tesc0 express next to it where I visited daily to get newspaper and some food especially doughnut. We were the first tenant so the flat was new. Was told the building used to be office building before they convert it to flat.



This is the dining area but our dining table is bigger, the oval shape. Where I used to finished my montess0ri course work using mr's notebook.




The living room. That is the exact sofa. One of it is a sofa bed. Ours was the 1 bedroom flat so we had asked the owner for a sofa bed. That blue sofa ohhhh so much memories. I was not working so I spend so much time at home with Afiq.



L0ndon Map. The flat is on the east where rent and things are cheaper but it is nearer to mr's office in can@ry wharf.



This is the galley kitchen where I spent so much time with Afiq.



The apartments:

Lumiere Building has a range of well
proportioned one bedroom apartments from
just under 500 sq.ft. to two bedroom
apartments in excess of 800 sq.ft. Most
apartments have excellent unspoilt views
looking across the London skyline.

A range of 6 two and three bedroom
penthouses top the building and are arranged
over two floors.Boast some of the most
impressive views of London with floor to
ceiling double glazing and generous sized
balconies to compliment.

All apartments use electric economy 7 electric
services, are double glazed and generally
decorated in a good neutral theme.
Available furnished or unfurnished.

A daytime concierge service operated six days
a week, the building is well maintained with
gated car parking.

The Lumiere Building,
Romford Road, Manor Park, London, E7 (Zone 3)

A well laid out and generous sized fifth floor 1 double bedroom furnished apartment within this popular development.

The Lumiere Building is located on Romford Road between BR Manor Park and BR Forest Gate Stations. A few moments walk from:

BR Manor Park Station (zone 3) for fast and frequent services to and from London Liverpool Street

Almost next door to Silverlink Woodgrange Park Station with connecting services to Barking and up through to Gospel Oak

Around 12 minutes walk to East Ham Underground (zone 3) Hammersmith and City and District Line services to and from the City and West End

Frequent 24 hour Bus services to and from the City and West End (No's 25 and 86)

£160.00 p/week (£693.33 pcm)
(Rental is inclusive of building service charges and water rates)

11 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Hello Butterflutter.

So lucky of you to do your Montessori Dip in London. I only did mine here, since it was the 2nd year they had the course at S*mmit I still had lecturers from St. Nicholas. I wonder whether you know my school mate. She did hers about that time (maybe earlier) as the hubby was seconded to London by AA (A*thur A*nderson, not Al*oholics An*nymous!)

butterflutter said...

I was the only one fr malaysia in my batch. I did part time only. What a coincidence my hubby was seconded to London by kaypeemg and still there :-) Whats her name or her husbands?

Mrs.A said...

wait wait... Its kaypeemg la.. sowwii. *hmad Nasri (the wifey is Azalia*). She is still teaching in Young Thinkers in Muti*ra D*mansara (well, till end of June). I stopped teaching in 2006.

mosh said...

Ingatkan memory apa tadi on the blue sofa ;)

Was that how much you have to pay when you were staying there before? Most probably not la kot. It must've gotten more expensive over the years, no?

butterflutter said...

Mrs A: last nite I did ask my husband but we dont think anyone from Aa but peewc adalah. If N@sri & @ja mmg lah I kenal. We went first, they came the yr after. We went to diff college though. Mine was right in the middle of oxf0rd st ;-)Aj@ went to the same place as the owner of Montess0r1 1lham (also a friend). The last time I met Aj@ she did tell me dah tak larat since she is preggy with her 4th.

Mosh: I tau dah musti ada org comment on the blue sofa ha..ha..ha...Surprisingly we did pay the same amount of rental. Not sure whether this one is the current rate. Last time in the contract shd increased 5% each yr. We went not as expat still lower level baru keja 2-3 yrs so 1/3 gaji bayar rental 1/3 savings and 1/3 expenses.

Mrs.A said...

Butterflutter,

She is pregnant with her 5th ? (you do know she lost her 2nd kan?). She is stopping work to concentrate on the kids. (As I have) We know 1lham, her school is at the other end of the street from Young Thinkers.

butterflutter said...

Yes, I know that. I was preggy with my 3rd (youngest) when she lost her son. Was there during the kebumi. Now that she'll stop teaching I shd plan for mine :-)
Fyi, I am currently a 'penjawat awam' and have plans to go back to teaching. Ikut my husband I hv to wait till i reach 40yo lah.

Mrs.A said...

My ex principal has asked many many times to come back (passionate teachers are hard to find).. this was the year but I am preggers again so.. looks like they have to wait til.. let me see... 2012? I do miss teaching but the last batch of kids gave me grey hair! I will never teach the 6 again. Give me the 4s anytime. (no patience for the 2s!)

butterflutter said...

Mrs A: I always end up with the 2s. I did playgroup for uks for a while. I was the one who started for lily b4 alimk1ds but cant juggle btw work & home when maidless lah. Ohhh the 4s are always cute but some of the 6s sure bring in stress.

elisataufik said...

ini your photos ke, photos from their website? Camner boleh tetiba terjumpa.. *curious* hee hee
I mean, I dont usually google my old apartments :)
hm.. maybe I should. seronok juga

butterflutter said...

ha..ha...sendiri punya photos kena scan la. We did hv a photo like the 1st photo tu. I took gambar mr depan tu. Nanti if rajin I scan and share it here.
We hv this plan to go back for a visit when afiq turns 10yo which is next yr you see but kan...tak tau lah jadi or not. So untuk menghilangkan rasa sedey tetiba je I g0ogle and found this. Itulah ceritanya.