Pages

Sunday, 16 November 2008

A Pat On My Back

I went to SK USJay 20 to witness this. I missed last year event because I was away. This year I took the day off just to spend time with my boy, Afiq. He asked McD for lunch and he slept for 3 hours upon reaching home.


Mama, Afiq & Cikgu Norhayati (his class teacher)I selalu sms cikgu


Afiq & Ayah


Afiq....

This year again he came second in his class for pksr2. Only 1 mark different with the first place.

I am happy for him since I am also his tuition teacher. Berbaloi lah the money (beli buku aktiviti banyak-banyak) and the time spent planning for his revision. Next year will be harder for him because the school start streaming the class when they start primary 3. This year 100% streaming. There are pro and cons in streaming classes but again this school has it's own issues to resolve. The student not only come from usjay & ph area but also the neighbouring kampung area hence some issues on children doing very very badly ie not able to read and no exposure to english.

'My children education is my responsibility. '

6 comments:

zan said...

wahh...ini musim anak2 naik ke pentas...saya pun tumpang bangga tengok the beaming parents :)

congrats Afiq :)

elisataufik said...

Aiyoh... takleh compete lah dengan you.. :P
Takut I kalau anak2 I jadi classmates your kids. Mesti dapat inferiority complex.

Congrats Afiq and Ibu! :)

Anonymous said...

nak modify sikit your quote tu.

'My children education is my wife's responsibility. I'm just the driver'

heheh

butterflutter said...

zan: This is our way of appreciating his hardwork. Kalau ikut tak cukup pun hardworknya but again for a boy that age nak revise sedikit sebanyak pun kira ok lah. He watched tv more than doing revision.

elisa: The truth is, I never think this will ensure a bright future for him. For me, understanding what he learns at school is the most important thing. Your kids are blessed to experience learning in an international school outside Msia. How I wish my children can hv that too.The fun part of learning.

theotheraj: Betullah tu. But I ni lagi lenient dr Mr tau.

IKHWANI said...

congrats to your son, afiq!
tahniah untuk mama juga tu! I know bukan senang nak tutor anak sendiri, my girls yang besar dua orang tu have made very little progress this year but still a progress lah :p

famyGirl said...

congrats afiq n mama :)

i am also the tuition teacher (yang teramatlah garangnya) kat rumah. so i pun nak claim sedikit credit jika sofea berjaya. hee hee.
tapi results SK tak keluar lagi believe it or not (sebab they postponed the exam week atas sebab ada perayaan tempoh hari) and kat sini they are already practicing streaming for std 1 going to std 2 students. cemana saya tak gabra??